Data Science • Analyst
- Job Type
7 months ago
Project & Team
The Project involves collecting, processing, transforming and utilizing larges amounts of data relating to online business (mainly eCommerce). Our goal is to build a data platform that helps companies to organize it and use it to improve their business using data driven apps like Product Recommendations, Semantic content, Customer segmentation etc.
Main data types we collect are related to clickstream, sales, advertisement, user generated content, seo.
A small team of data scientist and engineers. Main principle is continues learning and improving. Flat management structure.
Here’s where you would come in: identify and formalize problems predicting user behavior. Then create and implement your models to find solutions. Be innovative, be creative, use every bit of that key commodity – data.
We will rely on you to communicate your findings to your peers – both technical and non-technical. Your solutions will need to be demonstrably impactful and visual.
We would like you to be able to:
- Work with large amounts of data
- Identify opportunities that would help improve the experience eCommerce website visitors have
- Apply predictive modeling techniques for a variety of user modeling tasks
- Work closely with engineering team to design, test, verify and implement statistical models
- Design and evaluate novel approaches to experiments for online shopping
- Recognize that sometimes (If not most times) the simple solution is the best solution
We love candidates who have:
- A Student in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, Astrophysics or other quantitative field; Masters or PhD strongly preferred
- Experience working with some or all of the following: probability, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, experimental design, computational analytics, econometric modeling
- Fluency in SQL
- Fluency in some or all of the following: R, Python, Spark (Or equivalent)
- An ability to work independently to get an idea from inception to implementation, including knowledge of techniques for validation and A/B testing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfort working effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Comfort collaborating effectively across departments: engineers, product managers, analysts, business, and marketing functions
- A scrappy, action-driven ability to work autonomously
- Highly developed skills in data visualization
• Learn cutting edge tools used in big data world
• Build product not bill hours
• Be part of young and ambitious team seeking to create a bend in the data universe
• Great office location
• Flexible schedule
• Compensation growth based on performance
Key Competencies & Technologies
Analytics Apache Spark MLlib Python Reports and Dashboards SQL