Data Engineering • Scala
- Job Type
fulltime • parttime
6 months ago
Project & Team
About the position
DataRoot Labs is looking for Scala Engineer to join our team. You will be working in a fast-changing entrepreneurial environment with the young and ambitious team. Our goal is to drive the Data Science market and put Ukraine on the map of global industry leaders. We look for a team member who would advance our mission forward with the same passion as we do.
Your day to day work will involve working on various Data Engineering projects for our global clients in the US, EU, and Israel helping them develop cutting edge MVPs, solve ongoing challenges or assist with the entire digital transformation of the established enterprise. You will be continuously communicating with our engineering team and manage the project from start to finish, delivering high-quality execution within the defined time frame.
Get ready to step into the driver’s seat as you will be responsible for executing challenging projects. Fasten your seatbelt for the exciting ride ahead!
• Develop Akka based microservices using Scala and scale them out by using the clustering and sharding capabilities.
• Contribute to improving the development lifecycle and mentor other members of the team.
• Provide feedback to the architects on the designs for us to improve our architecture through experience.
• Containerize microservices using Dockers to improve testability, portability, and deployability.
• Deep knowledge of the Actor Model and experience with the Akka Framework.
• Solid hands-on experience on Functional/Object-Oriented Programming and developing Scala applications.
• Experience with REST APIs and Message Brokers.
• Solid experience with GIT, SBT, Docker, Kubernetes.
• 5+ years of IT experience in a professional environment;
• Upper-Intermediate level of English.
Nice to have:
• Microservice oriented architecture and patterns such as event sourcing and CQRS.
• Hands on experience with Linux, Bash scripting.
• NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB.
• Akka Extensions: Clustering, Sharding, Streams, Distributed Pub/Sub.
• Testing libraries: ScalaTest, Specs2, ScalaCheck, Mockito.
• A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
• Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
• Experience with Agile Development Process (Scrum).
• Love for innovation and new technologies.
Key Competencies & Technologies
Docker Git Hi-Tech Scala Software