Senior Python Engineer
Published on Aug 27, 2020
company founded in
2016 with offices in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Overview Project & team
DataRoot Labs is looking for a Python Engineer! In this role, you will be working in the team of a Series A stage startup operating at the cutting edge of Machine Learning and Data Engineering. It is a platform that provides data teams deep monitoring on the health of their data pipelines so that they can ensure reliable delivery of quality data. The product streamlines the integration, productization, and testing of data pipelines, thus enabling the different stakeholders to work together on Machine Learning and Data Engineering projects in an efficient and frictionless way.
We are looking for an experienced Python Engineer to join our Kyiv team. This person is a problem solver and a team player with a strong "getting-things-done" attitude.
Our Back-End stack:
- Docker to run containerized Back-End
- Flask & SQLAlchemy
- PostgreSQL, SQLite, MySQL (rarely)
- REST API for back-end <=> front-end communication
- Swagger for customer facing API
- Kubernetes, Spark
What You Will Do Responsibilities
- Develop a central cockpit for the data observability, a portal that Data Scientist and Data Engineers use for their day to day work.
- Build the market standard meta-data repository for data pipelines.
- Work closely with the product, core, and frontend teams.
- Write and maintain business logic and APIs.
- Develop advanced analytics and metrics reporting using pipeline metadata.
- Create a first-class user experience.
- Work closely with product, interact and listen to customer feedback to improve quality, develop new features, and influence long term roadmap.
- Write specs for core features, help junior members of the team.
What You Should Bring Must-have
- “Getting-things-done” mindset and ability to efficiently communicate your thoughts to the team.
- Track record of delivering customer-facing features in large-scale production systems.
- Experience writing multi-component systems requiring efficient inter-application communication.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Great understanding of Cloud-native technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD systems. Experience with public clouds and DevOps automation.
- At least the Upper-Intermediate level of English.
- A good grasp on Spark/TensorFlow or any other Big Data/ML technologies is a huge plus.
- Experience with SQLAlchemy/SQL.
What You Will Get Benefits
- Startup culture, strong Back-End team which consists of Tech Leads and Senior specialists.
- Opportunity to be part of the big story that shapes the future and is already changing the present.
- Business travels to visit the Israel team.
- Opportunity to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
- Working with the newest technical equipment (MacBook Pro 16″).
- 20 working days of annual vacation leave. Vacation bonuses after 1.5 years of employment.
- Premium medical insurance is covered by the company.
Location Mykoly Vasylenka Street, 7, Kyiv, Ukraine