Python Software Engineer
Published on Aug 27, 2020
company founded in
2016 with offices in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Overview Project & team
DataRoot Labs is looking for a Python Software Engineer! In this role, you will be working in the team of a Series A stage startup operating at the cutting edge of Data Engineering technology. The main mission is to help organizations build better data products and trust in their data by providing data teams comprehensive visibility into the health of their data pipelines. Thanks to this deep monitoring they can be confident in their quality data and respond proactively to new issues.
As a Python Software Engineer you will build our state of the art SDK for fellow data engineers. You’ll get to get your hands dirty with all the latest technologies, understand them and think of creative ways to report data to our data management system.
Product's customers are engineers themselves, and we believe it takes great engineers to build solutions FOR engineers.
What You Will Do Responsibilities
- Design and develop a zero integration lightweight tracker to collect monitoring data from our user code.
- Build our core tracking framework and SDK.
- Integrate and learn on all the latest technologies, execution engines and DB such as Spark, Airflow, Snowflake, Kubernetes and more.
- Leverage your creative mind and think of new ways to collect and report data from our client ecosystem.
- Use your engineering skills to develop an SDK used by data engineers around the world.
- Own execution end to end, from product kickoff to fully working feature.
- Onboard and mentor new members of the team as the team grows.
- Get things done - think outside the box and find creative solutions to tough technical problems.
What You Should Bring Must-have
- 3+ Years as a software engineer in Python.
- Proficiency in the python ecosystem. Pip, wheel, setuptools, pdb and etc’.
- In-depth knowledge in Unix, Networking, Operating Systems and infrastructure tools.
- Great understanding of Cloud native technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes and DevOps tools.
- Track record of delivering customer facing features in large-scale production systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in instrumentation tools, agents or writing SDKs - big plus.
What You Will Get Benefits
- Startup culture, a strong product-oriented team that consists of Tech Leads and Senior specialists.
- Opportunity to leverage your engineering skills for fellow engineers and shape the future of data engineering.
- Business travels to visit the Israel team (Post Covid).
- Working with the newest technical equipment (MacBook Pro 16″).
- 20 working days of annual vacation leave.
- English courses, educational events & conferences are covered by the company upon request.
- Premium medical insurance covered by the company.
Location Mykoly Vasylenka Street, 7, Kyiv, Ukraine