Senior Java/Big Data Developer
Published on Oct 17, 2019
company founded in
2016 with offices in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Overview Project & team
DataRoot Labs is looking for a Java/Big Data Developer! In this role, you will be working on the autonomous marketing platform driven by a mission to unleash the brilliance of marketers. Our partner offers the industry’s leading open marketing ecosystem comprised of intuitive, AI-powered products that are purpose-built for marketers. The purpose of this project is to migrate huge working systems to the cloud platform.
What You Will Do Responsibilities
- Work directly within the team distributed all over the world to tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them.
- Maintain and optimize the product for maximum speed and flexibility.
- Improve your skills and stay up-to-date with emerging technologies.
- Create and maintain code automation pipelines to continuously build and push high-quality code to production.
- Write TDD, clean reusable code and libraries.
What You Should Bring Must-have
- Proven commercial experience as a Java developer (3+ years).
- Working experience with HDFS, Hive, HBase, and Spark.
- Understanding of the threading, and multi-process architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of Map-Reduce architecture.
- Experience with AWS (EMR)
- Strong design skills: you must be able to describe your designs before implementation.
- Able to build highly scalable distributed applications.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Ability to design database schemes that represent and support business processes.
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Delivery.
- At least Upper-Intermediate English level.
- Experience with Scala
- Knowledge of YARN, Tez, Flink
- Familiarity with Kafka, Kafka Streams
- Experience with Docker, K8S
- AWS (Document DB, Aurora Postgres, Kinesis, MSK, EKS, Lambda)
What You Will Get Benefits
- Join a multicultural team with high energy and an ambitious proactive can-do approach.
- A 100% remote is possible.
- Be part of a wider team and create an impact in a fun environment that is going through an exciting time of massive growth and innovation.
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunity to be part of the big story that shapes the future and is already changing the present.
Location Dmytrivska Street, 80, Kyiv, Ukraine
Similar Jobs in Scala, Java and Big Data