- Job Type
a month ago
Project & Team
Our client is a free, award-winning platform for creating personalized apps & playing thousands of others created daily by superstar educators and experts. With simple, interactive tools such as Q&A, readings, soundboards, puzzles, and more, anyone can create beautiful games to teach and learn anything. Available for free on iOS & Android.
Funded by leading VC funds, the company is the world’s largest library of educational games handmade by educators worldwide. There are over 150,000 games on the platform that are played by over a million families each month. Games are created by teachers worldwide on the platform, which enables the creation and sharing of educational games without having to code. 50% of each subscription revenue goes back to the teacher who created the games. Families and teachers can create and play thousands of games for free or purchase a subscription to unlock premium content and view learning data about their children. 50% from every subscription revenue goes back to the teachers who create the games!
We are looking for a talented and driven Data Engineer to join startup's growing team. You will be communicating daily with ambitious Israeli startup team and working alongside people who are driven by a mission worth joining - empowers families, teachers and students to learn from each other by creating their own personalized learning apps.
• At least 2 years experience in Python
• Strong knowledge of OOP
• Experience in building Big Data Pipelines
• Experience in creating highly resilient ETL architectures
• Experience using monitoring and orchestration tools such as Apache Airflow
• High proficiency Google Cloud Platform - BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Dataproc, Composer• High proficiency in SQL methodologies
• Self-learner and a team player, ability to work independently
• Good knowledge of statistics and analytics
• At least upper intermediate English
Nice to Have:
• Experience with big data tools: Hive, Spark, etc.
• Experience with ML models (classification, clustering, decision tree-based methods)
• Familiarity with BI and analytics tools (Tableau)
Key Competencies & Technologies
Big Data and Cloud ETL Google Cloud Platform Python SQL